- Oct 24 is UN Day. Celebrate the anniversary of the UN's founding. bit.ly/TzuyYz 4 years ago
- Almost 1 billion people live in constant hunger. October 16th is the UN's World Food Day. bit.ly/V4ntuG 4 years ago
- Celebrate with UNA-Canada the UN's International Day of the Girl. bit.ly/VVcQiq 4 years ago
- Syria experiencing critical shortage in medicines – WHO bit.ly/QH0AP0 4 years ago
- UN and Somalia sign action plan on ending killing and maiming of children. bit.ly/MyJ22s 4 years ago
Author Archives: unacvictoria
October 24th is UN Day. Click on the links below to learn more. UN Day – The UN Belongs to You UN Day Secretary-General’s Message
October 16th is World Food Day. Click on the links below to learn more. Food Security Information and Facts Confronting Hunger in Our World Hunger Map
Celebrate with UNA-Canada International Day of the Girl Message from the Secretary-General
Jarra Ford Wandering through Montreal last summer, I stumbled across a collection of massive photographs displayed in the centre of a city street. It was Guy Laliberté’s latest creative adventure, Gaia. The exhibit uses images Laliberté captured from the International Space Station in … Continue reading
Please see here for the full report from the nineteenth session of the U.N. Human Rights Council.
UNA-Canada will be hosting the annual Canadian International Model UN at Grant MacEwan University in Edmonton from 1-4 March 2012. The committees will focus on global environmental issues in preparation for the UNited nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio +20). … Continue reading
A research paper by UNA-Canada Victoria Branch Director Mark Reed on the feasibility of local NGOs/NPGs and activists co-operating on diverse joint projects from discrimination to human rights. Read the full text here.