- Oct 24 is UN Day. Celebrate the anniversary of the UN's founding. bit.ly/TzuyYz 4 years ago
- Almost 1 billion people live in constant hunger. October 16th is the UN's World Food Day. bit.ly/V4ntuG 4 years ago
- Celebrate with UNA-Canada the UN's International Day of the Girl. bit.ly/VVcQiq 4 years ago
- Syria experiencing critical shortage in medicines – WHO bit.ly/QH0AP0 5 years ago
- UN and Somalia sign action plan on ending killing and maiming of children. bit.ly/MyJ22s 5 years ago
Category Archives: Environment
Jarra Ford Wandering through Montreal last summer, I stumbled across a collection of massive photographs displayed in the centre of a city street. It was Guy Laliberté’s latest creative adventure, Gaia. The exhibit uses images Laliberté captured from the International Space Station in … Continue reading
UNA-Canada will be hosting the annual Canadian International Model UN at Grant MacEwan University in Edmonton from 1-4 March 2012. The committees will focus on global environmental issues in preparation for the UNited nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio +20). … Continue reading
A research paper by UNA-Canada Victoria Branch Director Mark Reed on the feasibility of local NGOs/NPGs and activists co-operating on diverse joint projects from discrimination to human rights. Read the full text here.
Five years of photography from nearly 100 freelance photographers during the mid seventies documenting “the environmental happenings and non-happenings of the decade”. A Photographic Blast From the Past – NYTimes.com.
Victoria’s ‘district energy’ community a model for Canada and beyond – The Globe and Mail.
It is disappointing that a discipline invoking the highest standards of epistemic integrity must fight so hard to overcome the friction presented by sheer rhetoric. The United States has an outstanding scientific community built upon the highest standards of academic … Continue reading
Are you a youth concerned about discrimination, poverty, a clean environment, your right to participate? Then this program is for you! For application information click here.