- Oct 24 is UN Day. Celebrate the anniversary of the UN's founding. bit.ly/TzuyYz 5 years ago
- Almost 1 billion people live in constant hunger. October 16th is the UN's World Food Day. bit.ly/V4ntuG 5 years ago
- Celebrate with UNA-Canada the UN's International Day of the Girl. bit.ly/VVcQiq 5 years ago
- Syria experiencing critical shortage in medicines – WHO bit.ly/QH0AP0 5 years ago
- UN and Somalia sign action plan on ending killing and maiming of children. bit.ly/MyJ22s 5 years ago
Category Archives: Media
UNA-Canada will be hosting the annual Canadian International Model UN at Grant MacEwan University in Edmonton from 1-4 March 2012. The committees will focus on global environmental issues in preparation for the UNited nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio +20). … Continue reading
A research paper by UNA-Canada Victoria Branch Director Mark Reed on the feasibility of local NGOs/NPGs and activists co-operating on diverse joint projects from discrimination to human rights. Read the full text here.
Five years of photography from nearly 100 freelance photographers during the mid seventies documenting “the environmental happenings and non-happenings of the decade”. A Photographic Blast From the Past – NYTimes.com.
Motivated by the International Year of Youth (2010), members of British Columbia’s Youth Advisory Group (YAG) of the Canadian Commission to UNESCO produced this short film under the theme “Dialogue and Mutual Understanding”. Click here to view the collaborative efforts … Continue reading
“Listen, I read” is an initiative to encourage Canadian students to share their opinions and to become more involved in social change through the use of literature and media. See here for details.
It is disappointing that a discipline invoking the highest standards of epistemic integrity must fight so hard to overcome the friction presented by sheer rhetoric. The United States has an outstanding scientific community built upon the highest standards of academic … Continue reading
Are you a youth concerned about discrimination, poverty, a clean environment, your right to participate? Then this program is for you! For application information click here.